- Supports healthy cellular function*
- Promotes feelings of relaxation
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
Application: A T I N
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Warm, spicy, clean
Main Chemical Components: Alpha pinene
Plant Part: Resin from Boswellia carterii, frereana, and sacra
Frankincense, and the myriad of priceless health benefits it provides, has withstood the test of the ages. Aside from its presence in the New Testament, it has also gained notoriety through its use by the ancient Egyptians, as well as the Babylonians and Assyrians. Today it is regarded as the king of essential oils and is universally beloved for its ability to promote cellular health and rejuvenate the skin.
Frankincense is known as the essential oil that functions as an overall tonic for the body and its systems. When you couple its nourishing and replenishing properties with its beautifying properties, it becomes clear why civilizations have relied upon it for centuries to achieve the coveted youthful glow. It can be applied topically and also taken internally. For internal use, take one or two drops in a veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function and promote a healthy inflammatory response. When used topically, Frankincense serves as a beautifying oil due to its ability to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars as well as mitigate the effect of aging on the skin.
Frankincense is also the perfect companion for meditation or yoga. It can be diffused and infused into your experience. With a warm, spicy, and deeply calming aroma, this oil will inspire a focused intention throughout your yoga practice as it soothes and calms your mind, creating a sense of tranquility that will uplift you and take your yoga or meditation to new depths.
When you rub Frankincense on your hands and feet, it will promote the feelings of peace, relaxation, and tranquility that your body craves after a long day in the outdoors, gardening, or simply living! The warming effect of Frankincense will sooth your skin and bring a glow of radiance and beauty. Another way to enjoy the benefits of Frankincense is to add it to your bath for an allover relaxing and rejuvenating experience. No matter how you choose to use this majestic oil in your life, your entire body—inside and out—will thank you for the gift of Frankincense.
- Rub doTERRA Frankincense essential oil on your hands after a long day of gardening for a warming and soothing effect.
- Can help promote youthful, radiant–looking skin and slow the signs of aging by reducing the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
- Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.*
- Diffuse during your yoga practice to focus your intention for the day.
- Add to moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes and to rejuvenate the skin.
- When traveling somewhere dry, apply Frankincense to maintain healthy looking fingernails.
- After a day of outdoor activity, massage frankincense into hands and feet for a warming and soothing effect.