- Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin
- Promotes healthy immune function*
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
Application: A T I N
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Herbaceous, green, leathery
Main Chemical Components: Terpinen-4-ol, gamma terpinene
Plant Part: Seed
Melaleuca, which is commonly known as “tea tree”, has been cherished for centuries by cultures across the world for its soothing effect on the skin and profound ability to promote clear breathing and healthy skin function. When added to your daily skincare routine, Melaleuca can serve as a powerful instrument for rejuvenating the skin and soothing uncomfortable irritations.
The Aborigines of Australia were among the first to use the leaves of the Melaleuca tree. They would apply the leaves directly to their skin to provide cooling relief or crush them and inhale the released oil to promote clear breathing. Just as the Aborigines first recognized the power of Melaleuca so long ago, the rest of the world is also awakening to the purifying and soothing properties of Melaleuca, which in turn has generated growing recognition and widespread use over the course of the past several years.
Melaleuca is a wonderful support when it comes to reducing the discomfort and unsightly appearance of minor skin irritations. It is also a marvelous agent for cleansing and purifying the skin, making it ideal for applying along with your facial cleanser or moisturizer or on sensitive skin after shaving. All of these properties and more make it clear why Melaleuca is not only a bestseller, but also a member of the doTERRA Family Physician Kit.
In addition to being used to promote a healthy complexion, Melaleuca can also be used to keep your fingernails and toenails healthy and strong. Simply rub Melaleuca on your nails after showering and you’ll begin to notice a striking difference. When taken internally, Melaleuca promotes healthy immune function by supporting your body in building its natural defenses. Melaleuca is also an excellent agent to protect against seasonal threats and can be used to purify areas throughout the home, including the air, by adding a few drops of Melaleuca to a spray bottle filled with water or by diffusing Melaleuca with a doTERRA diffuser.
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of doTERRA Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
- Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to enhance immunity.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser or moisturizer for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving to prevent razor burn.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and strengthen nails.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
- Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin.
- Promotes healthy immune function.*
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats.*
- For occasional skin irritations, apply one to two drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
- Create your own aftershave with Melalueca and Cedarwood.
- Apply to the bottom of feet and inside shoes for a refresher.